A three-year-old boy has died after reportedly swallowing a soda bottle top. Malcolm Kintu was pronounced dead at Nsambya hospital where he had been rushed following what his parents described as a household accident.

At the time of the accident, Kintu was playing with his brothers as his mother Betty Mwanje tended to housework. The father, Robert Mwanje a journalist currently working with Buganda Kingdom BBS TV was away for work at the time of the accident. The incident happened at about 12pm on Thursday at their home at Kabuuma -Kibiri in Makindye-Ssabagabbo in Makindye Division, Wakiso District. A neighbor, Ms. Margaret Mukasa said she rushed the boy to the hospital after the mother fainted following the incident. Mr. Mwanje said the only known past medical condition which was affecting the deceased was measles. “He was okay when I left for work. I had a party with all my family and he looked jolly,” Mwanje said

An overnight vigil had been planned at Kabuuma.

He will be buried on Friday at Kakiri along Bombo Road in Wakiso District.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *